A Weedend In the Sun!
It’s January and the snow is falling as the Packers prepare to play the Seattle Seahawks in the January 2020 NFL Playoffs and we are restless to get to Siesta Key, Longboat Key, Venice, Bradenton or Naples to flee the cold weather. We’ve done it dozens of times and we have discovered some great places to stay. In order of our preference, they are:
- Hyatt Regency Hotel in Sarasota
- Westin Hotel in Sarasota
- Resort at Longboat Key Club
- Best Western Plus Siesta Key
- Carlisle Hotel in Siesta Key
The Columbia (Cuban Actually) Is A Must!
The Columbia Restaurant is a gem! We ate there while visiting for Paul and Cathy’s wedding and we have come here for romantic dinners for two! This is what we order:
- A couple of Caipirinha
- Enjoy every morsel of the fresh typical Cuban bread that comes from their ovens
- The 1905 Salad for 2 to share, made at your table!
- The Cuban Sandwich to share
- A Plate of the Chorizo Sausage with the Columbian Sauce
- The Bean Soup
- And the Flan if you have room.
- The bottled bubbly water from Spain is a treat too